Yvonne & Kevin
RACE OF CHILD INTERESTED IN ADOPTING:
Caucasian, Hispanic, Asian, Caucasian/Hispanic, Caucasian/Asian, Caucasian/African American, African American/Hispanic
Dear Expectant Mother,
We feel truly blessed you would consider us for this sacred opportunity of raising your precious child. We see the children in our life as a blessing and a gift from God, whether it is our friends’ children, our nieces and nephews, or neighborhood children who ask us if they can pet our dog. We genuinely hope and pray for the blessing of a baby in our home to share our lives with.
We love to travel and can’t wait to show our baby the world. Certain life lessons are better learned through experiencing different cultures, and we love to explore. We have had the opportunity to receive a higher education and live in an excellent school district. We look forward to helping our child reach his or her full potential, whatever that may look like, by providing various opportunities throughout his or her life.
We would treasure the opportunity to provide a child with a loving environment where they feel safe and cherished and have the opportunity to explore and learn while enjoying a wonderful and blessed life.
Thank you for your consideration.
Yvonne is a clinical social worker at a community mental health center, while Kevin is a software developer and consultant in health care. We are both fun loving and enjoy trying new things but also love having a quiet night at home with our dog. We are a great team and have an active lifestyle, whether it’s traveling, bike riding, going for long walks, or yoga. We enjoy spending time with friends and family and genuinely enjoy caring for our dog and teaching our puppy new tricks while participating in her agility classes. Kevin has been taking martial arts classes for more than ten years and now teaches martial arts to both adults and children.
We live in a three-bedroom, two-story home in the suburbs of a large city. We have a fenced-in yard where our dog loves to play with her toys and run around. We enjoy growing herbs and vegetables in our garden in the summer. We have been blessed with friendly neighbors, and many have children. Our neighborhood has many beautiful parks and playgrounds. In the summer, we love to go bike riding in the forest preserves close by. We would love to share our love of the outdoors with a child and spend time teaching them how to make a garden grow, exploring new parks, experiencing martial arts, or enjoying the beauty of nature.
Our Extended Family
We have a multicultural family with several different cultures and languages. Yvonne’s family is Cuban and left Cuba in the 1960s. She grew up speaking Spanish and English while living in both the Cuban and American worlds at the same time.
Many different languages are spoken by our nieces and nephews: English, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Tagalog. We speak English and Spanish at home to the point that even our dog understands both languages. Our families are very excited to welcome a new family member, and we look forward to teaching our child strong values and an appreciation for life.
What Led Us To Adoption
We have been married for more than ten years and have been unable to have children even though we have tried by numerous means. We both love children and enjoy spending time with our more than ten nieces and nephews. We make time for picnics, sports, sledding, playdates with our dog, and simply sitting at home watching kids’ movies with them.
Facts About Yvonne
- Occupation: Social worker
- Religion: Christian - Catholic
- Education: Master of Social Work
- Favorite Food: Thai food, ice cream, coffee
- Favorite Hobby: Reading, gardening, training our dog, yoga
- Favorite Movie: Star Wars 4, 5,6; old Alfred Hitchcock movies
- Favorite Music Group: Duran Duran, the Smiths, Green Day
- Favorite TV Show: Stranger Things, Outlander
- Favorite Book: Harry Potter
- Favorite Subject in School: History
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Hawaii, Japan, Barcelona, Paris
Facts About Kevin
- Occupation: Software developer
- Religion: Christian - Protestant
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Favorite Food: Pasta
- Favorite Hobby: Model aircraft, model trains
- Favorite Movie: Austin Powers; Star Wars 4, 5, 6; The King’s Speech; Office Space
- Favorite Music Group: Van Halen
- Favorite TV Show: Fringe, Stranger Things, Rick and Morty, Kim’s Convenience
- Favorite Book: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
- Favorite Subject in School: Math, foreign language
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Hawaii, Barcelona